How to ACE Your GCSEs

Updated for 2018 and applicable for exams in 2019/2020, How to ACE your GCSEs teaches you how to ACE your exams. No matter how smart or behind you may think you are this book will teach you how to revise… properly!

Written by #1 bestselling author of How to ACE Your A-levels, Raja outlines how to achieve top grades at GCSE. Read this book to learn how to beat the system and dominate exams using information your teachers may not be aware of. Written from a student’s perspective, How to ACE Your GCSEs provides highly relatable, honest and straightforward guidance on how to achieve As and A*s.

Raja gives the keys to his tried and tested 3 step plan:

Step 1 – Method. Find out what top students do to secure top marks in exams.

Step 2 – Study Cycle. The term ‘work hard’ is often thrown around with no explanation. Working hard is a skill in itself which must be understood and practiced. Read examples of other students and their day-to-day habits during the academic year to help you gauge how much is enough.

Step 3 – Motivation. Increase your attention span through simple and effective tricks. Understand the damaging insecurities that hold you back from reaching your maximum potential and tackle them head on.

Read this book and arm yourself with techniques that will help you ACE your GCSEs and every other exam you may take during the rest of your life.

• £9.99/ book
  • Ebook - Amazon Kindle
  • Don’t have a kindle? Click on the link below and get a free kindle reading app when you buy.

• Buy Now
  • £13.99/ book
  • Printed Book – Amazon
  • Dispatched within 2 working days and mailed 1st class.
  • Buy Now
  • £12.99 / book
  • Printed Book – Academic Underdogs Store (10% OFF!)
  • Dispatched in 1 working day and mailed 1st class.
  • Buy Now

Reviews

Newsletter

185 Comments
  • Monique

Hiya, i think i have a problem.. Ive only got 14 weeks until my GCSEs and 10/11 subjects to study for.. Ive tried writing the weeks out and applying your layereing method however becuase of the short time span and number of subjects it only leave me with around 7 days per subject of ‘hard work’ and then only a 4 day recap just about for stage 2.. Have i started far too late? I think im finally becoming more motivated because i really want to achieve B grades and i need a C in maths but im not the most acedemic and really need teachers help when it comes to self learing? Am i doomed?..

January 14, 2016 at 7:24 pm
  • Jannah

Hello!

Unfortunately, I have a little bit of a problem in accordance with my GCSE exam revision.
    I have purchased your book on ‘how to ace your GCSEs’ and have found it incredibly helpful. It has been my saviour in revision techniques as I have always found it hard to find a method that worked for me and was accepted by most of my teachers.
    However, having read half the book at my ridiculously slow pace, the revision schedule from the book that I have tried to copy has gone slightly wrong. Lately I found it increasingly hard to find the slightest feeling of motivation to do anything and have postponed revision constantly since November. Very ironically, I had no motivation to become motivated, meaning I haven’t even brushed over the motivation section in your book. The only reason I am now motivated is extreme stress, which is then reflecting onto my friends.
    Having set out dates to revise as given as a guide line in the book, I feel as though I have left it too late as I cannot finish the layers of revision in the great detail needed before my exams which start near the end of may. This has just added to my stress, and being targeted high grades in class with current low grades isn’t helping.
    I wanted to ask what you would suggest doing. It is very likely I am just over thinking it all, but the more I look at my calendar and revision time, the more it worries me. I thought e-mailing you directly would be the best option.
    Right now I have reduce down the time by a small amount for each layer, because when I added it all up, I would have only finished layer 1 revision a week before my first exam ☹

January 12, 2016 at 9:02 pm
  • Kareem

I’ve been using the technique you mentioned in the book. It takes me half an hour to finish 1 page so can you tell me what am I doing wrong

January 11, 2016 at 6:07 pm
      • Kareem

Hello,
        thanks for replying

All what I do is I read the page and automatically write what I remember is this what you meant to say

January 13, 2016 at 3:05 pm
      • Kareem

Hello,

What should I do when I get something wrong should I repeat the whole page or the mistak that I’ve done

January 13, 2016 at 5:28 pm
  • Kallista Lawson-Tovey

Will starting revision/methods in this book now be too late?? As it is around 5 months to GCSE exams

January 10, 2016 at 5:14 pm
  • Shereha Begum

In the book, Beth started using the layering method from November however I have recently bought this book so how would I layer my subjects?

January 3, 2016 at 11:36 pm
  • Tom simcox

I was just wondering does this book apply to the new gcse’s for my year ie. No english course work, no formula sheet in the maths exam ect? Many thanks

December 23, 2015 at 12:47 pm
  • Demi Mcallister

I was wondering if you have this book but a Scottish version for national 5 and higher?

November 16, 2015 at 10:38 am
  • Rebecca Sinclair

would this apply to students in Scotland??

November 14, 2015 at 8:51 pm
  • Julie Akhurst

Hi, I’d like to buy a copy of your GCSE book, but on Amazon it tells me I’m purchasing underarm sweat pads when I try to do so! How do I make sure ai’m getting a copy of your book please?

August 31, 2015 at 12:11 pm
      • Dear Anshul, please help me! I’m in year 10 and next year i will start my GCSEs however my previous mock exam results were very poor in maths and science especially. And this means in my GCSEs i will get a C, however a C is good it also means i’ll get a pass, but i want at least a B or an A,. I do not want to do foundation GCSE papers because i want to do well. i need your guidance to help me please. I have guilt inside of me and it’s tearing me apart, i feel like i’m going to fail. My friend’s are passing their mocks and i just feel left out. What do you think i should do? Also thank you for the great support, your book is amazing! i started revising and i know a lot of interesting knowledge.

January 28, 2016 at 5:54 pm
          • Hi! I just realized this year in year 10 i will be starting my core science exams in May. And i tried so hard moving to the top sets and also tried talking to the head of departments but they won’t seem to let me, because they think i’m not capable enough. I have a chemistry mock exam coming in a few weeks, which i’m really nervous about. You’re book was a lot of help i read it about 3 times already but i don’t like studying still , it’s too hard for me I tend to get distracted a lot. However your scribble technique came useful. Any other other advice’s? what should i do? like could you help me pick a page from your book, so i can follow it. Like a strategy.. I’m kind of lost in my way to success. Please help me. Thank you for replying. 🙂

March 4, 2016 at 9:08 pm
          • However will i be able to get a B or an A in my exams even if i’m doing a foundation paper. What if i’m not good enough to pass a foundation paper to achieve a C and do a Higher paper.

March 4, 2016 at 9:12 pm
  • Tomlister

Would this book apply for igcse

August 26, 2015 at 10:40 pm